This section will show you how to:
- Decide what size dance floor you need based on the number of guests you are expecting.
- Calculate the number of DanceDeck Pro panels and edge pieces you will need.
DECIDE WHAT SIZE DANCE FLOOR YOU NEED
A good rule of thumb for planning an event: 30% of the total number of guests will be on the dance floor at any given time.
Step 1: Measure your space
Decide how much space you have for a dance floor. Or, many people use our portable flooring as a floor for the dining area, too. Either way, you will need precise measurements.
Step 2: How many guests will attend?
If space is not an issue, use the reference chart below as a reference guide to what size dance floor you require.
|Size of dance floor||Total #|
|Total # of Carts|
||10ft x 10ft
||12ft x 12ft
||15ft x 15ft
||18ft x 18ft
||20ft x 20ft
||25ft x 25ft
||30ft x 30ft
||40ft x 40ft
||50ft x 50ft
CALCULATE HOW MANY DANCEDECK PRO PANELS YOU WILL NEED
DanceDeck Pro panels are 39” square. Use the Panel Calculator below to automatically calculate how many panels and edge pieces you will need.
HERE IS HOW TO MANUALLY CALCULATE DK PRO PANEL REQUIREMENTS
|Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4||Step 5|
dimensions in feet
|Multiply by 12|
Convert to inches
|Divide by 39
||Round up or down
to an even number
|Multiple results of
Width & Length for
total # of tiles needed
|WIDTH = ________ x 12 = _____________ _/ 39 = __________ ___________
|LENGTH = _______ x 12 = _____________ _/ 39 = __________ ___________ Total: ________________
HERE IS HOW TO MANUALLY CALCULATE DK PRO EDGE PIECE REQUIREMENTS.
First, here is how the edge pieces attach to the panels. You will notice two things:
The edge pieces do not line up with the panels, they are staggered.
The corner pieces are smaller than the edge pieces and are sold as sets of 2.
- Take the number of panels for the width and subtract 1, then multiply by 2.
- Take the number of panels for the length and subtract 1, then multiply by 2.
- Add the result of the width and length together to get the total number of corner sets needed (each set has 2 corner pieces).